I posted 21 Self Discovery Questions to enrich your Mid Life Journey in April of last year & it has been my most viewed to date. Time to add some more “self discovery” & update you to the 2012 version.
Upon reaching the age of 40 & beyond, many will take the time to reflect…..of what has passed and what is to come. You may have a Vision of where your Life is heading OR you may not.
Some questions that you may wish to consider to help you on your way…….
- Am I happy with the way things are now
- Will my current ‘choices’ get me to where I want to be
- Do I commit to taking action to achieve what I really want
- Are my thoughts helping me
- Am I aware of any limiting beliefs that will stand in my way
- Do I make excuses
- Do I consider myself a Victim of circumstance or do I take personal responsibility for my Life
When one takes full responsibility for their Life, any prior obstacles or distractions are now seen as opportunities, to expand one’s view of Life.
- Am I motivated to achieve what I want…..is the fire inside me well fueled
- Do I appreciate myself
- Do I need external motivation, a Coach or Mentor
- What is my source of Inspiration…..do I have one (or many)
- What three (3) important achievements will define this current year
- Do my Values and Beliefs need reviewing…..are they still valid
- Am I willing to raise the bar on my performance
- Do I settle for less than I deserve
- Is my ‘Big Picture’ complete or is it still a work in progress
This is an opportune time to complete your ‘picture’…..sketch it first if you have to and ‘paint’ it in later…..at least make a start.
- Do I have support, people who I can rely on
- Where do I want to be with my Life in 5 years
- In 10 years time when I Iook back at my achievements, or lack of ‘action’, how will I feel
- Is there anything stopping me from making progress on my Vision today
- How will I feel, when my ” dream” comes alive
The Mid Life years are ones to be treasured. With the right thoughts, actions and dreams/visions one can “extend” their mid life beyond the generally accepted norms…..no time to dwell on ‘old age’ thoughts when you are flourishing in your mid life years…..let’s get to it!
Do you have any Self Discovery questions that you would like to add? If yes, please feel free to use the comments section below….. your contribution will be most appreciated. Please feel free to share this post with your Universe.
Be good to yourselves
# I help men & women aged 40 & over, make their goals, dreams & longer term Visions for their Life, come true. I want You to be excited about your Life. Contact me Today for your FREE introductory coaching session…..email@example.com
# Find out more about me by visiting my :
- Facebook page over there & “like” , if you like
- I’d love you to follow me on Twitter