Self Discovery and Personal Growth is an age long process.
You can always learn, or seek to learn, more about yourself. And of course, learn more about the environment in which you choose to live.
That being, the physical space/s and the people with whom you meet and how you adapt, learn from and be friend each.
The journey, [I dislike that word] adventure is better, of life includes your personal transformation from day one ….. to day “good bye”.
The first question probably stops there and has no immediate follow up, because there are no immediate answers. You just have to move through life and see what happens … and then you will have your answer/s.
The second question [ far better in my opinion], has no immediate answers either however the thrust of this question will lead you to further questions and many answers, at each stage of your personal self discovery and growth adventure.
The more value questions that you ask will enable better answers. Better answers will help equip you with better tools to aid your personal growth.
I know that I’m taking you back in time so to speak, with the “moving toward/into adulthood thing”, however it is only for the intent to frame or put into context, the entirety of this post.
Because, you can ask yourself the above two questions at any stage of your life, perhaps now even?
Therefore, regardless of your current age, or stage of personal growth, all of the following questions will have varying degrees of relevance to You.
Please note that your personal growth is honed and developed over a long period of time. However your growth is slowed or stunted if you don’t continually take some sort of action.
Therefore, with some of these questions, I am getting you to think some years ahead. There’s no quick fix.
You need to be taking actions today to help you be the person you want to be in say, 10 years time and beyond.
These 13 Questions, can help start you to set the theme for your life OR change the current theme of your life:
The initial 6 pack:
- How do I want to see myself develop as a person over the next 10 years
- What’s vitally important to me Now, [to get me started or to keep me going]
- What support will I need … physically, spiritually, financially, mentor wise
- What are my passions. Do I have any, how do I find them
- Am I prepared to do any worthwhile action to achieve my best Life
- What am I prepared to forego to achieve the life that I want
The 7 follow up’s:
- Will my current ‘choices’ get me to where I want to be in 3, 5 or 10 years time
- Am I aware of any limiting beliefs that will stand in my way
- Do I make excuses
- Do I consider myself a Victim of circumstance or do I take personal responsibility for my Life
- What is my source of Inspiration … do I have one (or many)
- What three (3) important achievements do I want to define my next 12 months
- Do I commit to taking the necessary, ongoing actions to achieve what I really want
You won’t be able to or indeed want to, answer all of these right from the start. I suggest that you concentrate initially, on the opening six . They will guide you. They will also determine whether you are actually prepared to make any changes, to get you where you want to be in life.
If you can’t get past the first six  then the remainder will be of little use.
The intent here is to lay all the cards on the table and to use these questions as a resource to reinvigorate your life’s theme. It may even be a completely fresh start for you.
Some of these questions may seem confronting. If they are, then I’ve done my job.
If you have been used to going with the flow and you have now found that the stream has dried up, then this will be a fresh start. And if you are going to make a fresh start then begin with questions that will launch your new adventure with a solid platform.
I hope this has given you something to think upon. If you would like to delve deeper, then please feel free to contact me anytime.
Please share on your preferred Social Media networks.
My favourite is Google Plus. You can find me on Google+ here
image credit: Thomas Hanna| BlogPhoto.tv
Be good to yourself
Mid Life Motivator. Listener. Coach.
Making Your 40′s & 50′s Shine
Please join me for coffee, fresh writings, fresh thoughts and ideas at :
and visit my website for inspiration, motivation, creativity & purpose: