Now for something a little different.
This is a “live” blog post, or nearly(I couldn’t type with my eyes closed). I am recording what I saw & heard, entirely unedited.
The story unfolded this morning…..
Sometimes when I close my eyes I just see a mish mash of images, voices and thoughts…….a random collection it seems.
However there are other times, like today when I set myself up for a positive visual tour of my mind. This was my experience this morning when I closed my eyes for two minutes…….
I saw and heard:
- Waves crashing on the shore,
- a shaft of sunsine glimmering on the ocean
- a train arriving at the platform…..(what the?)
- a crisp golf shot landing on the green at my local course followed by a shout from one of my playing partners…”you lucky bugger”
- Children with their parents dancing in the park,
- Friends shaking me by the hand, patting me on the back and saying “well done, I new you could do it”
- Three elderly ladies chatting & laughing at the local shopping mall
- Walking and talking with my wife and (younger) daughters on a walking trail in the Gold Coast Hinterland @ Springbrook
- the riverfront and tree lined street @ Noosaville, Sunshine Coast
- I was walking betwen tables and speaking to (my clients) in a group session on a large timber deck in the sunshine by a river
- I am by the beach talking with four others about my 58th* birthday, the faces are not familiar
This “exercise” is not directly related to any specfic visualisation technique where one may attempt to visualise ‘things’ that they want or want to happen, which is powerful in it’s own right.
I wanted this exercise to be an ‘open book’ examination of (positive) images & thoughts that have happened to me/will happen? and see how this would play out.
It is letting the mind meander with direction, in this case positive, picking up the vibe (of positive enjoyment)and creating a mental picture/video of the result…….maybe it’s unique to me?…..No, I think we can all do it.
Normally, I will close my eyes for a couple of minutes, 1-2 times per day which helps shut out any existing distractions around me. I will give thanks for the many positives in my Life and thanks in advance for the things that I want to happen. This commences my visualisation intent.
However, today I thought I would again experiment as I’ve outlined above. No particular focus other than on positive thoughts. My mind then played out a “movie” of particular positive/happy incidents that have occured(I’m sure) and others that I am guessing will be part of my future…..interesting. Can I predict my future? Am I seeing beyond the veil?…..I don’t know for sure……* I am still 56
However I do know that the mind is a powerful beast and there’s much about it that I still have to learn. I am now more of the belief that I can train my mind to focus on the positive and remove the negative “at my command”…..and predict or project poitive images of my future?…..this is indeed good.
How about you?
Do you want more control over the selection of your thoughts? OR am I talking gibberish here?
be good to yourselves
# Check out my fabulous “Virtual Coach” page here where ongoing support and life changing assistance is just a keystroke or two away
p.s Feel free to view & “like” my Facebook page over there, if you like
# I’d love you to share this post with your Universe
# I also hang out @ www.davidstevenslifecoach.com.au
# Catch me on Linkedin