Ruts are nasty things. We have all been in them. They come in many forms.
Boredom, same old same old, procrastination, lack of promtional opportunities, Business gone flat, social life disappearing, relationships shaky or non existent, lack of goals, motivation or vision for the future.
Sometimes we need to just shake out the cobwebs and look at things with a different perspective, a fresh pair of eyes so to speak.
Otherwise our Ruts may consume us.
I’ve penned some thoughts, (which you may like?)…. humour me a little and have a read anyway. At the end of the day, if your life is starting to have that stale taste about it or has already become stale, commence thinking differently and take action in accordance with your new ‘style of thinking’.
You might like to try one or several of the below. Put them to the test. In no particular order…………………..
- Slow down, pause, reflect……..what’s going on?…What can I do about it?… Interrupt the ‘sameness’. You can start by creating a new pattern of behaviour
- Take a deep breath, exhale, what are your thoughts right now, are they serving you? Reflect on this…..time for new thoughts?
- What makes you smile? Think about it, add a huge dose of Imagination then…………Smile!
- Tell someone dear to you that you appreciate them OR be really bold & tell them that you Love them(assuming that your relationship is not stale or if it is, find someone else to Love)….that may be a big step, a huge step however it’s sure to be a Rut Buster
- Try doing something different from the usual……….anything, you might like it!
- Indulge yourself a little, think about your greatest achievements to date, what was great about them, can they be repeated………….it’s never too late to achieve again(it will at least get your thoughts percolating)
- Be Grateful for what you already have(you do have things to be grateful for even if it doesn’t feel like it right now)……….Write them down. This process alone will brighten you up. You will be amazed at the ‘gratitudes’ you have…..and then, get on with it!
- Read an inspiring Book or watch an inspiring Film, video. Take the time out, get the juices flowing again.
- Take a walk, jog, bike ride…….exercise & exorcise the “staleness” from your system
- Dream a little …..or a lot……Visualise where you want to be next week, 1, 5,10 years from now
- Commence action relating to your visualisation and get excited about it and how it will change your Life
- Tell people about your (new) future and how enjoyable it is going to be for you(accountability)
- Wear a funny hat for a day, smile a lot (you can’t be unhappy when you smile)
- Find the outrageous in you. Deep inside lurks a (good) demon, bursting to be set free, locate & ignite the spark!….. At least try something outrageous once(maybe a blog post?) if your good demon wants back in his/her cage.
- Seek the counsel of a close friend, helping professional, Life Coach. Simply talking about/through your issues will remove some of the ‘rut load’, you will start to feel lighter. Start removing the burden & move forward with your Life. Gain some traction.
Well, what do you think, worth the read? Let me know your thoughts.
be good to yourselves
p.s Feel free to view & “like” my Facebook page over there, if you like
check out my new Virtual Coach page here
I also hang out @ www.davidstevenslifecoach.com.au