I turned 40 a while back now. Doesn’t seem that long ago…….I guess time does fly when you’re having FUN.
And the FUN continues past 40….. I would argue that there is more of it!
It is a vital ingredient. When you are happy, you are living.
Here are a few statements that I have found to be true for me. I believe they may also give you reason to “fully live” 40 & beyond…….if you’re up for it(and why wouldn’t you be?).
These years will be or maybe already are, your greatest opportunity to share, develop, love your Life.
- The grass does get greener….. you have runs on the board,(life experience, for better or worse) the bases are loaded(for my American friends), time for a knockout & set yourself up for Life
- You are further developing your “explorer instinct”. You’ve explored plenty so far, why not continue, there’s gold to be found
- “Giving up” is a term that shouldn’t sit well with you. e.g, Dara Torres won 2 Olympic Silver medals @ age 41 swimming against competitors half her age. “Old” Cliff Young won the inaugral Sydney to Melbourne footrace , about 600 miles, at the age of 61. No one told him that he was ‘too old’. Maybe his 20 something girlfriend had an influence as well? I took up Fun Runs @ age 41, as well as training 3 times per week with a group of runners most in their teens. I didn’t win any medals however improved my personal bests and fitness a gazillion times over……I didn’t give up.
- Your Passion for Life continues to develop & overides the alternative…(you’re dead a long time) by a country mile……don’t be just a statistic, be a contributor to Life. My father passed away when I was 42, this drove home the mortality thing. He was a great contributor however left us way too early.
- “40″+ are only numbers after all. It’s not about the “number”, it’s about you.
- The questions that have bothered you before will now start to bring answers…….magically it seems. Ask more questions…….you will receive more answers, keep asking, the Universe is at your mercy.
- Your children need you to grow, so that they can grow…..there’s are great lesson for the parents. I wanted my children to be fully ‘aware’ of Life, learn, make decisions/mistakes. Therefore, I had to experience more of this…..I became more ‘aware’ AND I wanted more.
- You will now realise that you create your world, whereas before you may have felt ‘out of place’ in the world. Create your best Life, there’s still plenty of time and there’s a lot of FUN in doing it.
- Fitness & good health are now top priorities. You can now be fitter & healthier than before. I aim to be as fit @ 70 as I was @ 40……there, I’ve said it now & committed to it in writing for all the Universe to see.
- The “mistakes” made in earlier years will now bring rewards in your mid life years….worth the wait. It’s a learning curve after all, this Life. I’ve made plenty & will make more however the rewards are coming from the lessons learned in ‘earlier mistakes’.
- My Imagination, I found started to multiply. I started to use it much more frequently. It has no limits, it often runs wild…….I love it! AND you can too. Tap in, you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams.
These are my experiences. You no doubt will have different ones. You may have some similar ones. I would love you to share by commenting in the space provided. Live life to the max and until next time…….
be good to yourselves
p.s Feel free to view & “like” my Facebook page over there, if you like
check out my new Virtual Coach page here
I also hang out @ www.davidstevenslifecoach.com.au